The 2018 National Health Interview Survey found that more than half (51.8%) of adults had one type of chronic condition (arthritis, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, coronary heart disease, asthma, diabetes, hepatitis, hypertension, stroke, and weak or failing kidneys), while 27.2% of U.S. adults had multiple chronic diseases. Given these statistics, it stands to reason that most family caregivers are caring for an elder with one of these conditions.
Here at Springpoint at Home, we know caring for someone with one or more chronic diseases requires a strong support system. Our Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA) and Aging Life Care Advisors™/Care Managers are ready to be a strong partner in care. We are committed to helping you manage your disease and lifestyle because studies show this improves patient outcomes.
How we can support and help you:
- Aging Life Care Advisors™/Care Managers
- Facilitate communication between family, friends, and health professionals
- Find resources for healthy eating like Chefs for Seniors and grocery shopping
- Offer techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
- Regular therapeutic visits can help with feelings of isolation and depression
- Advocate for an elder at doctor appointments and serve as a liaison with the family after the appointment
- Overseeing that medications are being taken correctly and offering new resources like pre-packaged medications, if necessary
- Offer a profession ‘neutral’ perspective to facilitate client goals of self-determination and safety
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Can help to practice exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Are a companion to practice relaxation and breathing techniques
- Ensure healthy eating habits by preparing meals and socializing with elders during mealtime
- Serve as the on-site eyes and ears, which helps our nurses and Aging Life Care Advisors™/Care Managers ensure your elder is safe and healthy
These are just some of the ways Springpoint at Home can help your elder learn to self-manage their chronic disease(s) and ensure the family has peace of mind. To learn more and for a complementary assessment, go to https://springpointathome.org/services/complimentary-consultation/ or call 844-724-1777.